Jaby Update

Jacinda is 16 months old now. Her first year went by so fast, and now she's a third into her second already. She is a bundle of energy and curiosity that keeps us constantly on our toes. At her 12-month checkup, her doctor said her vocabulary is "what we hope to see by two years old." She talks a lot. I decided to start a list of words she says. These are words she says on her own without prompting, and doesn't include words she will mimic after we say them or her receptive language, which is a lot more words.

Mom/Mama
Dad/Daddeeeeeee
Ceecee (Lucy)
Tuma (Truman)
Pentsy (Penny)
Pencil
Wow
Oh (usually together, "Oh wow!")
Dog
Want
Cheese
Squeeze (GoGo Applesauce)
Milk
Cup
Baba (bottle/cup)
Chair
Bankit (blanket)
Eat
No
Go go go
Car
Outside
Pretty
Doll
Baby
Coat
Bear
Hat
Hair
Nose
Mouth
Eyes
Shirt
Pants
Socks
Shoes
Book
More
Down
Stairs
And
Frog
Woody
Roar!
Backpack (her favorite word)
Apple
Wawa (water)
Cat
Dory (from Nemo)
Teeth
Green
Lellow (yellow)
Yeee-ah (Leah)
Rock (as in, rocking chair)

These were just what I noticed in one day, there might possibly be more.


Here she is giving me a mad face while holding a marker

Aunt Molly sent some of cousin Audrey's outgrown clothes and this hat was a hit.

Snowsuit! This is the only show we've had so far this winter, and it wasn't really enough to do anything except walk around and say, "Oh wow!"

With Papa Richard on Christmas Eve

Playing outside on an unseasonably warm winter day

Things-around-the-neck obsession... A note here. Jacinda loves putting scarves or anything around her neck. It's cute, but also fills me with terrible anxiety after losing a child to an umbilical cord accident. Especially yarn. She loves putting yarn around her neck. I force myself to let her do it and I sit right next to her... nothing happens, except maybe she gets tangled and frustrated, but I still feel sweaty and like crying the entire time. 

She 'helped' me make cookie sandwiches for the first time last week, and got to experience the exquisite joy of licking frosting from the beater. I loved this as a kid.


This is her new favorite thing to do. If I wear a long shirt, she sneaks up on me and pulls out the end and puts her face in it, and smiles up at me. Such a sweetie.




Comments

Popular Posts