curls

Last week, Lucy asked if she could sleep with wet curlers. Which means, can I sleep with my wet hair, in curlers? When I was a child, my mom used to roll my hair up in sponge rollers (or rags!) on Saturday nights so I'd be 'pretty' for church in the morning. So of course I obliged. Then Penny wanted to get in on the action too. However, it took longer than she thought, so by the time we were done, it was way, way past bedtime and she was not keen on having her picture taken.

In the morning, Penny was not pleased with the tightness or bigness of her hair. Here she is, cast upon my bed in despair (but oh so cute) -


A dab of argan oil and two hairpins later....


Lucy's hair also came out darling!


In other news...

Lucy is going to start orthodontic treatment soon. It will be phase one (of two) and should last 12 to 18 months. She has a pretty serious underbite (or crossbite, I forget) so that's the reason for 2 phases of treatment. She's kind of nervous and scared, but kind of excited too, I think. 

Everyone's birthdays are coming up soon! Truman is going to have a party at an inflatable-house place. Lucy wants to have a spa-themed party here at the house. Penny, whose birthday is last of all, is leaning toward a party at Club Tabby in the mall, but not fully decided yet. 

We've done a fair bit of dogsitting lately. We had a giant black dog for three weeks over Christmas, and then a roly-poly medium sized dog for a few days last week. Sawyer doesn't seem to mind too much, but he's breaking out in a rash. I am taking him to the vet tomorrow to see what is causing it. It may be anxiety. It may be an allergy. Lucky for him he's so sweet, I don't mind driving him all over and spending all kinds of money on him! (well, kinda I do... but it does help that he's sweet)

Truman's Cub Scout pack got to go to an indoor golf/lazer tag place as a reward for reaching their pack goal in selling popcorn. Since he reached a certain amount, he also got a free game of lazer tag, his first time trying it out. I think he enjoyed it, but it was a little overwhelming too. 

Penny helped me with a Pinterest wreath. I know I should have learned my lesson about the perils of Pinterest failures by now, but I thought, hey, how can I mess THIS one up?


It turned out okay. I'm thinking we should've left it partially uncovered with the little fabric roses.



Comments

Popular Posts