We're famous (and a few notes)

So below I told about our experience being in Joplin, MO, when the tornado hit  last Sunday. I think I said we got there around 6 p.m. But I think my memory of the time is off. I checked Facebook and I updated that we were waiting out a storm in Joplin at 5:39 p.m., and I read on wikipedia that the tornado hit at 5:41 p.m. So it must've been hitting right when the electricity went off, because it seemed like that was right after I sent that FB update. I guess the 6:20 I remember is the time we actually left the Cracker Barrel. It's all sort of a blur.

On a related note, the local newspaper did a little story about us. Here it is.

A group in Evansville was organizing donations and a truck to take to Joplin. The kids and I went to the store and each of them picked out an outfit for a child their age/size, and we also got pet supplies, detergent, bath stuff, and kids' toothbrushes and toothpaste. I think it helped them understand that the people affected there are just like us. We dropped the stuff off and I think the truck headed out today.

Comments

Popular Posts